The Southwest Sports Wellness Foundation promotes the following goals for student-athletes and medical professionals:
Goals for Student-Athletes
- Support safe participation in organized sports and to maintain the health and safety of student athletes in training and competition
- To provide sports medicine care to student athletes who lack the resources to gain access to quality medical care in a timely manner
- Early injury diagnosis, treatment, and prevention through screenings, assessments, and evaluations
- Streamline access to additional diagnostics and treatment for return to play and return to learn
- Increased access to high caliber medical professionals who specialize in Sports Medicine
Goals for Current & Future Medical Service Providers
- Mentorship to convey academic knowledge to master curriculum content and to provide insight to career pathways in the field of sports medicine.
- Work based learning opportunities with hands-on experience and supplemental opportunities for individuals interested in medical professions
- To provide educational opportunities for physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers and students including:
a. Internships for students who are interested in learning about the practice of sports medicine.
b. Fellowships for health care professionals interested in specialty training in sports medicine.
c. Scholarships for studies leading to careers in sports medicine for students and health care professionals who demonstrate interest in the field, show promise in being able to contribute to the community and have a financial need.